We believe in giving back to the community. Our pro bono efforts have focused on such areas as restoring mental health, strengthening families, and improving education.
Wayne A. Langham
- Former board chair, finance committee member, and sustainers council member for Austin Recovery
- Texas Lawyers Assistance Program, State Bar of Texas, volunteer assisting attorneys in recovery to re-establish their careers
- Shoal Creek Hospital, former facilitator for groups of recovering chemical dependents and their family members and speaker on the recovery process for families in the after-care program.
- Recovering Parents Program, Austin, co-founder of a parenting education program for parents recovering from chemical dependency.
- City of West Lake Hills, chair, municipal committee on the effects of medium and high voltage power lines on human life. He conducted four public meetings between West Lake Hills citizens and officials of the City of Austin electric utility department.
Laura C. Langham
- SafePlace, domestic violence shelter, Austin, Community Outreach Volunteer, 2008, guest speaker to community groups about the organization’s services.
- Women’s Resource Fair Task Force, a project of the Austin Young Lawyers Association, Community Outreach Chair and Volunteer Co-coordinator, 2008-2014. The fair provides a day of legal, medical, and social services for low-income women. Laura’s outreach activities increased attendance from 150 women to more than 500 in three years.
- Young Texans Against Cancer, Volunteer Co-coordinator, 2010.